Spicy Lavender Kale Chips
Spicy Lavender Kale Chips made with Spice Rub or Herbes de Provence
Author: Lida Lafferty from Spike it with Lavender Cookbook
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 T plus 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp herbes de Provence or ½ tsp of your favorite spice rub
- Sea salt to taste
- ¼ teas. Cayenne or black pepper to taste
- Squeeze of fresh lemon to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- Rinse kale and pat dry. Tear or cut kale into chip size pieces. You may want to remove some of coarsest spine, leave most.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl and toss with kale.
- Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread kale mixture evenly on baking sheet. Bake chips for 10 minutes, turn chips and bake another 10 minutes. Don't over bake.
- Serve immediately right off pan or on a warm dish. Enjoy as an appetizer or crush and toss into popped popcorn.
- Kale is packed with vitamin A and the carotenoid, lutein, as well as other nutrients.