Shallot Dijon Gravy
Thanksgiving recipe - my favorite turkey gravy. In my book this the ultimate comfort food for Thanksgiving. It takes time but well worth it! and it uses all those fabulous woodsy herbs!
- 3½ cups Your favorite Turkey Stock or your favorite
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup chopped shallots
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 TB Dijon mustard
- 2 teas. chopped fresh rosemary
- Reserve roasting pan with juices for gravy. Reserve roasted turkey neck, heart and gizzard from roasting pan. Pull meat of neck and chop up meat, gizzard and heart and reserve for gravy(only if desired). Pour pan juices into 8 cup measuring cup. Spoon off fat from surface, reserving ½ cup fat. Add enough turkey stock to measure 5½ cups total.
- Place roasting pan over two burners on medium heat. Add reserved ½ cup of reserved fat and saute shallots for one minute. Whisk in flour. Cook until roux is light brown(flour liquid blend), whisking constantly, 2 minutes. Whisk in wine, stock mixture, mustard, and fresh rosemary. bring to boil - about 5 minutes. Add neck, gizzard and heart if desired. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with all the Thanksgiving goodness!
- Stock Recipe Ideas: To have those woodsy herb taste use parsley, bay leaf, sprigs of fresh or dried thyme and black peppercorns when making your turkey stock.