Lavender Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
Rich Moist Pumpkin bread with a twist, added chocolate and lavender sugar
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups lavender sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 15 oz pumpkin purée
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup water
- ⅔ cup mini chocolate chips
- Lavender Sugar: Using a food processor or herb grinder, grind 2 TB lavender buds to ½ cup sugar. Mix blend to the remaining 3 cups of sugar. Incorporate well.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Using another bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil and water.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips until well incorporated in the batter.
- Pour into three greased 8x4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Do not overbake.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.