Garden Bruschetta with Tomatoes, Basil and Garlic
Author: Inspired by Spend with Pennies
- 3-4 medium-sized heirloom tomatoes (about 24 oz)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon each salt & pepper (or to taste)
- For Serving
- 1 baguette
- olive oil & fresh garlic for toasting
- Dice tomatoes about ¼" and lightly drain.
- Mix all ingredients and let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Slice the baguette, brush with olive oil and toast or grill until lightly browned. Rub each toasted slice baguette with a clove of raw garlic.
- Top bread (or pasta) with tomato mixture.