Frittata Muffins are the perfect make-ahead breakfast! They keep well in the fridge for up to 2 days. You can make variations depending on what is in your garden.
Author: Adopted by Author: Jeanine Donofrio from Love and Lemons
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or basil leaves
- 2 small kale leaves or swiss chard, finely shredded
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes or diced heirloom tomatoes
- ¼ cup scallions or chives
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and brush a nonstick muffin pan with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic, dijon mustard, dill or basil, salt and pepper. Pour just a bit of the egg mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup. Divide the kale(or swiss chard), tomatoes, scallions(or chives) and feta into each cup then pour the remaining egg mixture on top.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until the eggs are set. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with the remaining dill. Store any remaining frittatas in the fridge for up to 2 days.