Brussels Sprout Slaw
Slaws don't have to be for summer! Seasonal vegetables of cabbage and brussels sprouts create a beautiful profile in this savory medley.
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- big pinch of kosher salt and pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan (optional)
- ⅓ cup shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries, OR dried tart cherries OR sweet dried cherries OR fresh pomegranate seeds
- ⅓ cup pecans, walnuts OR slivered almonds, roasted and chopped
- Wash your Brussels sprouts and pat dry. Remove root side.
- Shred the Brussels sprouts using a chef's knife, mandoline slicer, or food processor with a shredding blade.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, dijon mustard, garlic olive oil salt, and pepper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate.