Mint, Pea, Spinach & Chia Fritters
These fritters are also great for party nibbles. Cook 1-tablespoon portions of the mixture and top them with a small spoonful of tzatziki.
Author: Recipe Adopted by loveFOOD
- 4.2 oz fresh peas (or frozen and thawed)
- 14 oz fresh spinach wilted
- 1 TB mint leaves, chopped
- 1 TB oz dill sprigs, chopped
- 8.5 oz fresh ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 1½ TB chia seeds
- 1 teas. sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 TB extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- 8 lemon wedges, to serve
- 2 cups arugula, to serve
- Store-bought (or make using your favorite recipe) tzatziki, to serve or make
- Shredded mint leaves, extra, to serve
- OPTIONAL: Add a little smoked salmon when serving.
- Place the peas in a large bowl, crush with a fork until partially mashed and set aside.
- Place the spinach in a sieve and press to remove the excess water. Place between sheets of absorbent kitchen paper and squeeze to remove any remaining moisture. Roughly chop the spinach, add to the peas and mix to combine.
- Add the mint, dill, ricotta, eggs, chia seeds, salt and pepper to the pea mixture and mix to combine. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a little oil to the pan. Using wet hands, shape ¼-cup portions of the mixture into patties. Cook, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown, adding more oil to the pan as necessary. Remove the fritters from the pan and keep warm.
- Divide the fritters between serving plates with the lemon wedge, arugula and tzatziki. Sprinkle with extra mint to serve.