Nothing tastes quite like the fresh, tender asparagus shoots of spring. Get your hands on some freshly picked asparagus and spring onions for a dish that's light, deep and everything in between.
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon finely grated Meyer lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or dried culinary lavender buds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 large bunches thick asparagus, trimmed
- 2 bunches spring onions, halved if large
- (If you don’t have Meyer lemons, use regular lemons in their place.)
- Prepare grill for medium-high.
- Whisk chopped culinary lavender buds with olive oil and let stand to infuse for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, zest lemons.
- Whisk lemon zest, Meyer lemon zest, lemon juice, Meyer lemon juice, mustard, and ¼ cup lavender-infused olive oil in a medium bowl to combine; season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place asparagus and spring onions on a rimmed baking sheet and lightly drizzle with oil. Season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Grill, turning once, until lightly charred and crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Serve drizzled with dressing.