Arugula and Les Frères Salad with a Lavender Honey and Lemon Vinaigrette
Say hello to spring with a scrumptious salad. Spicy greens and rich cheese compliment the sweet and tangy vinaigrette, with lavender to tie it all together.
Author: Executive Chef Scott Johnson
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 pound arugula leaves, stems removed and washed
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons lavender honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics Les Frères, cut into four wedges
- Lavender Flowers for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast in oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil and add lemon mixture.
- Place arugula in a large bowl. Add oil mixture slowly, adding just enough to coat the leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- On 4 salad plates, place wedge of Les Frères; gently layer the arugula on the plate into a tall tower. Sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts and lavender flowers.